Swim for the Reef is an annual Australia-based, world-wide event that brings people together to swim and raise funds to support the magnificent Great Barrier Reef.
The challenge can be customised depending on where and how participants prefer to swim; in a small team or large. It’s all about having fun and personally contributing to the Reef’s protection!
Whether you swim 4 laps or 40 laps, your valuable participation will attract donations and help EDO Qld to undertake crucial legal work to protect the Reef. The overall tally of laps in 2017 will be added to last year’s 5,700 laps, as we aim to swim the equivalent distance of the Great Barrier Reef (2,300km!).
PLEASE NOTE: All lanes at the main event (11:30am-8:00pm) at Musgrave Park Pool are now fully allocated to registered teams. Unless you are registering to join an existing Musgrave Park team, please choose another pool or location.
Several pools have agreed to host Swim for the Reef events - or you can choose a location closer to you! Swim for the Reef host pools include:
- Musgrave Park Pool, Edmonstone Street, Sth Brisbane (11:30am-8:00pm - All lanes fully allocated)
- Ithaca Pool, Caxton Street, Paddington
- Yeronga Park Pool, School Road, Yeronga
- Bellbowrie Pool, 47 Birkin Road, Bellbowrie
- Petria Thomas Swimming Pool, Jubilee Avenue, Mullumbimby
- Stanthorpe Swimming Pool, Talc Street, Stanthorpe
Venues are not responsible for registrations. All registrations must be via this website.